Location: Leicestershire Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 Ref: ALS 2376Apply Here
Agenda are working as a recruitment partner to a specialist global life science organisation who are seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join their growing team.
Despite being part of a global business, the UK organisation is very much an independent and has a real SME feel to it. With this in mind, the role will incorporate all aspects of finance management and will suit a hands-on individual who is as comfortable with spreadsheets as what they are in the boardroom.
You would be coming into a department that has had real focus in recent years and one that is well structured. Despite this, as the number 1 for all things finance, you will be the driving force for improvements, driving change and managing the strategic direction.
In addition to overseeing the UK operation, you’ll also have remote management responsibilities for another new facility in Europe.
What can you expect?
- Autonomy in managing the finance function both on a day to day and long-term basis
- A fast-paced ‘hands on’ role that combines operational and ‘bigger picture work’
- Work across different time zones to support the wider organisation (UK, USA & China)
- Overall P&L responsibility
- The lead role in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, profitability assurance and cost monitoring
- Analysis of financial metrics for the site to ensure appropriate fiscal management to goals
- Accounting; general billing, collections, payments, expenses
- A place on the site leadership team and a requirement to business partner colleagues in HR, Technical and Operations
- Management of tax compliance and corporate governance
- Close working relationships with senior internal stakeholders across the organisation
What’s needed for the job?
- ACCA qualification
- BSc and/or MBA are desirable not essential
- Excellent IT skills – expertise in Excel
- Competency and understanding of using Oracle would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of financial management in a comparable role
- Flexible mindset and the ability to balance being hands on with strategic thinking
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to develop accurate budgets and appropriate financial metrics to drive growth and profitability
- Presentations skills across all levels of an organisation, acting as a leader and subject matter expert
- Expertise in policy compliance
- Previous experience or knowledge of the life science sector would be beneficial but is certainly not essential
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.