LOCATION: County Mayo, Ireland SALARY: Dependant on experience REF: ALS 2552Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Technician to assist in the next phase of development in a recently established Germ-Free egg facility for vaccine manufacture. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to perform scientific, operational, and process tasks to support the Senior Project Director ensuring the production and supply of Germ-Free eggs to customers.
- 3 years of relevant Germ-Free experience and working with Germ Free isolators.
- Individuals with experience of working with SPF poultry will also be considered.
- Holder of an HPRA individual authorisation or sufficiently experienced to be eligible to apply for an individual authorisation.
- Proven ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Team Player who can collaboratively work with cross-functional groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Project Director, to ensure the company meets its key strategic objective to have Germ Free eggs available for evaluation and validation by customers in 2021/2022.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the SPF flock to be used for generation of the GF flock and of the subsequent generation flocks.
- Microbiological and serological sampling of GF flocks.
- Provide accurate production and financial information e.g., stock control, hatch rates, male/female ratios etc. to the Senior Project Director.
- Accurate record keeping ensuring compliance with SOPs.
- Support the Senior Project Director in the identification of key risks throughout the GF product development lifecycle.
- Responsible for planning and co-ordination of all procedures involving development and maintenance of the GF flocks to the highest standards of animal welfare.
- Identify opportunities to optimise relationships with vendors in relation to materials, processes, and equipment.
- Contribute to overtime, on call, and weekend work on a shared basis as required and Provide support to other members of the team as required.
- Responsible for maintaining biosecurity procedures and microbiological/serological sampling of GF flocks in compliance with SOPs.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.