Location: Cambridge Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2472Apply Here
Our client, a contract research organisation in in vitro pre-clinical drug discovery and safety profiling, is looking for a Group Leader with a strong practical and intellectual background in cellular and molecular biology, to lead the initiative for an additional cell biology group, which will support an increase in the portfolio of cell lines and cell biology technology in ion channel-focused research. Services will cover ion channel drug discovery research , cardiac safety services and custom assays, using native tissue and stem cells.
- PhD in Life sciences with demonstrable experience in laboratory research – Or BSc/MSc with significant laboratory research experience.
- Expertise in molecular biology and conducting experiments to generate cell-based expression systems, including stable and transient transfection methodology.
- Demonstrable experience in eukaryotic cell culture and protein expression, knowledge of stem cell biology.
- Knowledge and/or experience of patch clamp electrophysiology is highly desirable
- Experience leading scientific teams, developing and implementing experimental research plans.
- Line management experience, especially with respect to developing a team.
- Experience of working in a busy industrial/commercial laboratory environment.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, time management, organisational and written/ oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to record and maintain accurate written records
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the senior management team to develop and prosecute a strategy to create new cell lines expressing ion channels – and where applicable, appropriate accessory subunits.
- Provision of technical expertise for the identification and implementation of new ion channel cell biology technologies.
- Line management of a small cell biology team.
- Liaison with the lab team to establish and validate ion channel cell lines of sufficient quality for the provision of assay services to clients.
- Leading the identification and implementation of new technologies, aiding generation of new cell lines.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.