LOCATION: Berkshire SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2549Apply Here
On behalf of our client, a world-leading R&D company with state-of-the art facilities, we are looking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated and inspiring leader who is ready for an exciting career move in discovery chemistry, in an open, supporting and collaborative working culture.
This senior position would suit a line-managing medicinal chemist, pharmaceutical research chemist or synthetic organic chemist with biological or agrochemical exposure.
- Lead, coach, and develop a group of Team Leaders and Research Chemists, building a strong and effective team, to discover and optimise new active ingredients and deliver compounds into development
- Drive scientific excellence and continuous improvement in chemical synthesis, design, and analysis
- Deliver change through identifying, championing and deploying new science, technology and ways of working
- Lead by example, promoting a culture of creativity and scientific excellence, collaborating across scientific disciplines and global research and demonstrating continuous self-development
- Adopt and champion a data-informed digital mindset to accelerate innovation and improve efficiency
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to efficiency, productivity, sustainability and continuous improvement
- Be a proactive member of local and global chemistry leadership teams to manage functional activities, set strategy and lead for future success
- Actively own performance and improvement in HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) in line with company standards
- A PhD in medicinal or organic chemistry or related discipline, or equivalent experience in an industrial setting
- Proven high performance in an industrial R&D or academic environment with expertise in chemical design, synthesis and analysis for life sciences
- Significant experience in line management, capable of leading, inspiring and developing people
- Track record of excellence in scientific and project leadership in research
- Demonstrable expertise in championing, leading and managing change
- Openness to seek diverse perspectives and promote a collaborative approach across functions and geographies
- Excellent oral, written and networking communication skills, working effectively across disciplines, boundaries and experience levels
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.