LOCATION: Bristol SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2515Apply Here
Our client, a global early-stage contract research organisation is looking for a motivated and pro-active in vivo scientific leader to support pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in in vivo pharmacology, within research areas such as immunology and inflammation.
- Experience in leading and line managing teams of staff, supporting their development and getting the most from the skills that they have to offer.
- A high level of scientific understanding in areas of immunology and inflammation with relevance to drug discovery and development.
- A PhD or deeply significant experience in pharmacology, immunology or a related discipline.
- Experience of working with in vivo efficacy models.
- Expertise in computer software and statistical analysis especially in relation to the powering of experiments.
- Data analysis and study report writing skills and excellent record-keeping
- An ability to work on multiple projects with multiple teams to deliver to a high quality in a timely fashion.
- Holder (current or past) of a Home Office Personal Licence under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, Modules 1-4.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment to quality standards.
- Experience of working in a teamwork focused environment with a flexible attitude to working hours.
- Direct experience of wider aspects of pharmacology, drug discovery and development.
- Direct experience working in a contract research environment.
- Direct experience working with regulatory bodies, such as the Home Office, HSE, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Line manage and supervise a team of in vivo technicians/scientists, playing a key role in development, training and opportunities, offering coaching and leadership.
- Delivering/managing multiple complex projects/studies across disciplines, working closely with project management and operations
- Providing project management directly to clients for ongoing work
- Responsible for study design, data analysis, statistical analysis and reporting
- Directly supporting senior leadership and interacting with other group leaders and managers in charge of synergistic activities
- Working with client services and business development to support the generation of proposals for individual studies and wider programs of work
- As a Home Office Project Licence holder, the individual will be responsible for ensuring compliance with strict regulations surrounding the conduct of in vivo studies, in conjunction with others with formal roles in this space (NACWO, NVS, PEL holder, etc).
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.