Location: Cheshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2458Apply Here
Our client, a global drug discovery and development company, is looking for a key scientific and in vivo operations lead, to deliver the overall anti-infectives in vivo pharmacology strategy, including the addition and commercialisation of new technologies and experimental techniques to the platform. They will be ensuring delivery of projects on time and to budget as well as generating technical proposals to win new business, acting as a client interface.
- 10+ years of drug discovery experience, preferably with knowledge of the anti-infective therapeutic area.
- In-depth / working knowledge of PKPD profiling and modelling as related to anti-infective drug discovery or other therapeutic area, such as inflammation, respiratory or oncology.
- Ph.D., or equivalent, and postdoctoral training in relevant scientific discipline.
- Outstanding interpersonal/leadership skills and ability to work closely and effectively across a broad range of scientific functions in order to deliver a seamless anti-infective drug discovery platform, for internal and external projects. Knowledge of outsourcing and CRO landscape.
- A high-level of skill in executing empirically driven science with the ability to direct a portfolio of in vivo studies and programs and the ability to manage multiple scientific project leaders. Proven track record of scientific achievement and leadership, directing multiple successful programs.
- Ability to work with senior management and align department delivery to commercial and corporate goals.
- Highly skilled in preparation and delivery of presentations to various audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the anti-infectives in vivo group and activities
- Ensure projects are prioritised and delivered to timelines, budgets and standards
- Work with Anti-infective SVPs and peers to deliver scientific excellence across the anti-infectives portfolio.
- Ensure benchmarking of the group for current and future developments in the field and industry trends, to maximise competitive advantage.
- Undertake medium and short-term planning and supervision of projects, requiring interaction with multiple departments and external clients.
- Assist in development and management of budgets; allocate resources and monitor project costs on a monthly basis, re-budgeting if required
- Support management with proposal writing and business development activities.
- Responsible for the performance management, career development and training of department employees.
- Key interface with clients and collaborators across anti-infective portfolio.
- Serve as a scientific expert contributing at a high level across in vivo pharmacology activities (Innovate and Execute), including PKPD, efficacy models, study design and implementation.
- Ensure robust and high-quality scientific practice within the in vivo team, bridging in vitro microbiology.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.