Location: Nottinghamshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2437Apply Here
Agenda are currently working in a partnership with a successful research institution seeking to further their progress and development through the recruitment of an experienced people focused Head of Scientific Services for their In Vivo research facility.
The position will combine key focuses on the effective management and leadership of the team of researchers along with development of internal processes. Although the role is largely ‘hands off’ in relation to research duties, a strong knowledge of In Vivo research and techniques is essential in order to oversee studies and drive efficiency improvement measures.
- Demonstrable experience of success in leading In Vivo research teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Thorough understanding in a range of scientific techniques in order to ensure the delivery of specific and targeted training.
- Previous experience in offering support as part of a leadership team.
- Ability to create, drive and shape organisational culture, placing a key focus on team working and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day laboratory management of a team of researchers.
- Assist with the development of internal processes in relation to the management and strategic direction of the department.
- Oversee the successful management of all laboratory functions ensuring that projects and studies are completed in line with schedules/budgets/grants.
- Apply a quality minded approach to research and become the leader for maintaining rigorous standards.
- Actively monitor compliance with welfare and relevant research regulations.
- Empower and develop others within the laboratory team through focused training.
- Consistently work to build and develop an organisational culture which places importance on communication and team working.
- Contribute to the overall success of the research institution through participation as part of the leadership group.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.