Location: Leicestershire Salary: £41,000 – £47,000 Ref: ALS 2303Apply Here
Our client, a world leading institute working towards challenges in oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease drug discovery, are looking for a Head of Technical Operations / Lab Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of their laboratories, including both the in vitro cell support lab and in vivo lab.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. They offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
- Experience managing a team in an in vivo laboratory is essential
- Experience with in vivo oncology models is highly desirable
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is of an advantage
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to value the importance of teamwork
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing approx.15 staff across two laboratories, with 3-4 direct reports
- Management of all lab functions to ensure that projects are completed in line with schedules and to the highest quality
- Delivering projects in a customer focused environment
- Ensuring that CBUK Labs’ operate within all relevant regulations
- Providing leadership, support and ongoing development to the team
- Constantly looking to enhance skills of the team in the laboratory
- As a member of the Management team, supporting the Study Director team and be able to manage a small number of projects if required
- Contributing to and managing streamlining of processes to ensure efficiencies
- Investigating non-conformances and implementing remedial actions
- Ensuring the laboratories are providing exceptional levels of service to customers.
This is a newly created role following expansion and re-organisation that will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to contribute to the development of both the client’s internal processes and efficiency improvement effort.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.