Location: East Yorkshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2331Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Health Monitoring Scientist to investigate and report on the presence of micro-organisms including bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi from biological specimens. The successful candidate will have experience in a laboratory environment and will be required to travel to customer sites throughout the UK.
- MSc in Microbiology, Biomedical Science or Molecule science
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment
- Knowledge and experience with microbiology techniques including ELISA, PCR, and multiple fluorometric assays
- Humane approach to the care of animals
- Familiarity and expertise with Excel, Word, and Outlook or similar email software
- Have a full UK driving licence and own transport.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the analysis of animal tissue and fluids to detect and diagnose disease
- Perform microbiological techniques, ELISA, Multiplex Fluorometric assays, IFA, HIA and PCR
- Perform post-mortem examinations of varying species
- Be accountable for work carried out within the microbiology, molecular diagnostic and serology laboratories
- Provide training and guidance to laboratory technicians and newly appointed scientific staff
- Assist in the promotion and marketing of laboratory services to meet KPIs and the objectives of the Scientific Services department
- Perform analysis at customer sites throughout the UK as required, which may include weekend and out-of-hours duties
- Liaise with customers, accounts and suppliers
- Issue and archive reports of analyses and other related documents
- Maintenance and use of laboratory equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions or company work instructions.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.