Location: Cambridge Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2404Apply Here
This post is being advertised by Agenda Life Sciences on behalf of RxCelerate.
The RxCelerate group is an out‐sourced drug development platform and is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit an in vivo scientist to expand RxCelerate’s in vivo division. This division has a growing team of scientists with differing and complementary levels of expertise in many different in vivo techniques and clinical disease areas. Our in vivo scientists specialise in working with clients to develop bespoke preclinical animal models that are fit for purpose and that answer specific research questions of interest.
This is a hands‐on role in which the candidate is expected to have experience in handling and dosing laboratory rodents. However, full training will be provided to ensure the post holder is competent and confident in handling rodents and applying a range of techniques. The candidate should be a careful and methodical worker with keen attention to detail. Excellent and accurate record keeping with a competent level of computer literacy are essential. This role will provide a great variety in the projects undertaken, as part of a supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary company.
- Adhere to Home Office (ASPA) guidance on how to carry out scientific research and testing using animals.
- Be responsible for the daily tasks relating to the in vivo studies assigned to you. Examples include, but are not limited to, dosing and body weight monitoring and dissection of animals on study. Depending on level of experience, successful candidates will assist with and/or perform more complex regulated procedures as required.
- Keep accurate and up‐to‐date records for all animals assigned to studies you are involved in and be prepared to reference this information as required at weekly team meetings.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining RxCelerate’s in‐house breeding colonies.
- An active or recently revoked Home Office personal licence.
- Ideally 2 years practical experience or a BSc in a relevant field.
- Hands‐on experience of working with animal models of clinical disease.
- Practical competency in regulated procedures including dosing.
- Willingness to learn and train on the job.
- Highly organised and self‐motivated.
- High ethical standards with experience of applying the 3R’s.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work flexibly (out of hours working, including evenings, weekends and public holidays, is required for this post as necessary).
- Experience in breeding and colony management.
- Experience in post‐mortem dissection.
- Experience in graphing simple data sets.
- Practical competency in blood/tissue sampling.
This is a full‐time role, which includes weekend working when required by ongoing studies. RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
The candidate will be required to travel between sites within Cambridge; therefore, a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies, as described above. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae by Friday 6th November 2020. Interviews will be held w/c 16th November.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the UK.