Ref: ALS 2224
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Analytical Chemist with a sound basic understanding of a range of analytical techniques, primarily chromatographic and spectroscopic.
- Degree in Chemistry, or relevant experience
- Good theoretical grounding of chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques is essential
- Experience in data evaluation using spreadsheet and statistical tools is desirable
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work
- Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- Computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out analyses on a diverse range of chemical compounds
- Generate and provide first line interpretation of data, and preferably be able to defend the interpretation to senior QC analysts and internal clients
- Produce analytical reports compliant with QA systems
- Instrumentation under your charge is maintained, operationally available, and that there is an adequate supply of materials to meet QC operational requirements
- Maintenance of analytical equipment
- Use of chromatographic techniques
- First line interpretation of data.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.