Analytical Chemistry - Section Head
Ref: ALS 2188
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Analytical Chemistry - Section Head to support all internal chemistry teams and provide services to external customers. The successful candidate will lead a team of analytical and purification chemists and facilities across several sites.
- BSc/MSc/PhD in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with relevant experience
- Practical experience in an analytical chemistry setting
- Experience in project management and customer interaction
- Proven experience in line management and staff development
- Ability to produce clear and concise reports and to present effectively to customers and all levels of the organisation
- Ability to demonstrate organisational and strategic perspective
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the appropriate management of all projects within the department, taking into account customer requirements, potential future business needs as well as the needs of the individual
- Demonstrate strong technical competency over a range of techniques, for example HPLC, LCMS, GCMS, SFC
- Provide guidance to the team to ensure that the department can provide expertise in the latest techniques
- Ensure all members of the department are effectively managed against the required competencies of their roles through the use of, for example, training records, regular 1:1 meetings and the setting of clear objectives to help deliver on the company goals
- Work with the HR department, chemistry Section Heads and others as necessary, to provide training and development opportunities
- Work in partnership with the Business Development team to provide technical expertise and support for quotations and sales.
- Effectively manage laboratory resources appropriately, making sure that each project has access to the equipment and personnel it requires
- Develop and maintain a budgetary plan for the development of laboratory equipment taking into account the latest developments
- In conjunction with other senior scientific figures actively engage in a programme of continuous improvement to help the organisation meet its stated objectives
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.