Salary: 15,000 - 20,000
Ref: ALS 2138
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to work with a team of technicians to provide day-to-day animal husbandry, care and welfare to support research work.
- Animal Care qualification, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including English, Maths and Science
- Relevant previous experience in the field of laboratory animal technology or handling and care of rodents
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to follow strict standard operating procedures to ensure the health status of the animals is maintained
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate data recording practices
- Natural empathy with animals, commitment and dedication to animals in their care and welfare is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out day-to-day feeding, watering, cleaning and general care of laboratory animals
- Breeding, weaning, sexing and classification of offspring
- Performing health checks/formal observations on animals
- Keep accurate records and input data into computer programmes as instructed
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as required
- Adhere to Home Office guidelines and the Animal Scientific Procedures Act 1986.
- The role involves flexible working including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.