Location: East Yorkshire
Ref: ALS 2173
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to perform daily animal husbandry and maintain animal welfare and animal barrier status in a multi-species breeding facility.
Please note that due to the rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Animal Care qualification, and a genuine interest in the care and welfare of animals
- Home Office Personal Licence is desirable, but candidates without will be given full training
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent qualification
- Previous animal handling and husbandry experience is essential
- Experienced in routine manual work that requires attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to work with a number of laboratory animal species.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily husbandry duties including feeding, watering, cage cleaning and animal observations
- Birthing, weaning, sexing, counting and weighing of animals
- Implement basic animal breeding systems
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment, animal rooms and associated areas
- Use Home Office Licence to conduct regulated procedures
- Completion of all relevant departmental records, including day books, production data records and stock availability records
- Receiving and despatching of goods in/out of the animal facility, using correct sterilisation procedures to maintain animal barrier status
- Provide weekend and out of hours cover as and when required.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.