Salary: From £21,570, depending on experience. This attracts an additional allowance for the 11 day rota
Ref: ALS 2203
Our client, a world-leading research institute for viral disease outbreaks, is looking for a motivated and engaged Animal Technician to provide daily husbandry and welfare to laboratory animals in the large animal and poultry teams. The successful candidate will be reliable under pressure and have the ability to work proactively within a team.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Animal handling/husbandry experience, with livestock and poultry experience desirable
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent
- Ability to give meticulous attention to detail, including the management of documents and recording of data
- Excellent communication skills
- Holding a Home Office Licence is desirable
- Previous experience working in a research environment is advantageous
- To work under the 11 day fortnight rota system
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day care, welfare and husbandry of laboratory animals within the facilities, i.e. feeding, cleaning, watering and health monitoring
- Assist with the restraint of animals for the collection of samples and other welfare procedures
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence, and carry out regulated procedures following suitable training, supervision and competence assessment
- Meticulous attention to detail including record keeping, document control, and adhering to written methods and protocols
- Contribute to the production of department documentation
- Cleaning, disinfection and fumigation of facilities and equipment as required, working to a high standard of cleanliness at all times
- Assist with planned preventative maintenance and scheduled compliance testing within the facilities
- Observe all Health, Safety, and Bio Security protocols relevant to the post and the associated duties.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below:
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.