Salary: £20,854 - £28,409 (including London weighting)
Ref: ALS 2209
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an experienced Animal Technician to support the day to day workloads of a small biomedical facility. The successful candidate will have laboratory animal husbandry experience and a desire to undergo further training.
- A-level qualification preferably science based or other appropriate science/animal related qualifications
- Relevant animal care experience
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment is desirable
- Basic knowledge on maintaining high standards of cleanliness either in a laboratory-based environment or other animal care situation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake training in accordance with Home Office requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an extremely high standard of care and welfare to laboratory animals, and keep the line manager informed of any changes in animal welfare
- Daily husbandry duties, including providing diet, water and bedding to the animals, and changing cages and associated equipment
- Keep accurate records; including daily readings of temperature and humidity levels in accordance with Home Office legislation
- To provide technical support to all facility users (researchers) both before and during studies with support from line manage
- Assist in biological sciences’ laboratory techniques in other areas of research with routine tasks
- Process waste in accordance with the facility’s waste stream management policies
- Actively participate in on-going professional development activities as requested
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required and commensurate with the grade of post.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.