Salary: £17,489 - £26,546, depending on experience
Ref: ALS 2233
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to support the day-to-day husbandry, care and welfare of laboratory rodents. The successful candidate may also be required to provide technical support to licensees and carry out routine scientific procedures.
This is a fixed term contract until 31st March 2022. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 23rd April.
- Animal care qualification, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including English, Maths and Science
- Relevant experience in the field of laboratory animal technology
- Understanding of the basic principles of laboratory animal husbandry
- Proven ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
- Home Office Licence modules A&B training is desirable
- Knowledge of basic genetics and animal breeding is advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within the team carrying out day-to-day feeding, watering, cleaning and general care of laboratory rodents
- Make observations, keep accurate records and input data into computer programmes
- Care for breeding colonies of transgenic rodents. May be the responsible licensee for specific GAA lines
- After sufficient training, undertake simple non-regulated and regulated procedures and techniques, including Schedule 1 culling as required
- Contribute towards the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions in specific areas as required
- Work efficiently and in a flexible manner, in accordance with the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, to fulfil the needs of licensees
- Commit to the rota for weekend and bank holiday cover.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.