Salary: £19,000 - £23,000
Ref: ALS 2232
A research facility that delivers solution to some of the world’s toughest healthcare issues is currently seeking an Animal Technician to assist with the care, welfare and maintenance of laboratory animals.
- Animal care qualification at Level 3 or higher
- 5 GCSE’s grades A*-C including English Language and Mathematics, or equivalent
- Practical experience with animals in a research capacity
- Understanding of and commitment to animal care and welfare
- Attention to detail and ability to work in and maintain an ordered working environment
- Good IT skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily animal husbandry duties, including provision of food and water and maintaining high levels of hygiene for each animal
- Assisting in the safe maintenance of cages housing rodents
- Regular handling of animals under all environmental conditions
- Carrying out regular observations including environmental monitoring and health checks
- Keeping accurate records and inputting data onto computer systems
- Assisting research staff in non-experimental procedures as required
- Understand compliance with the Home Office regulations
- Cleaning and maintaining animal rooms and associated areas and reporting of the animal facility environment
- Working weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.