Salary: £15,000 - £17,000
Ref: ALS 2266
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to provide daily care and welfare to animals under the Animals Scientific Procedures Act of 1986 The successful candidate will ideally have previous animal technology experience and carry out duties unsupervised.
This is a temp to perm role.
- Animal care qualification at level 2 or higher, or equivalent experience
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English, Maths and Science
- A passion for caring and working with animals
- Previous experience as an animal technician is desirable
- Ability to perform care and welfare duties unsupervised
- Good manual dexterity
- Good communication and organisational skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out daily care and welfare duties including provision of food and water
- Daily health and welfare checks
- Ensure enclosures are maintained to a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Adhere to all Quality, Home Office and Animal Welfare Act requirements
- Report any animal welfare concerns to the relevant supervisor
- Be responsible for personal and colleagues Health and Safety by observing company and legislative guidelines on safe working practices
- Provision of weekend/bank holiday cover as required.
- Any other duties as assigned appropriate to the role.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.