Salary: £17,489 - £26,546
Ref: ALS 2271
On behalf of our client, a world class leading research institute, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to work within their Molecular Oncology Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support for day-to-day animal husbandry, care and welfare and also provide technical support for licensees.
This position is a 12-month fixed term available from 1 September 2019.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of animal handling and animal care
- Relevant experience in the field of animal technology
- Certificate in Animal Technology or Home Office License A & B is desirable
- Understanding of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Basic knowledge of oncology is desirable
- Work efficiently, cost-effectively and in a flexible manner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make observations, keep accurate records and input data into computer programmes, as instructed by supervisors and the Group Leader.
- Undertake simple non-regulated and regulated procedures and techniques
- Contribute towards the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions.
- Work efficiently, cost-effectively and in a flexible manner, in accordance with the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, to fulfil the needs of licensees.
- Use equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as required at the direction of the Group Leader.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.