Associate Research Technician
Salary: £24,000 - £29,000
Ref: ALS 2242
A research facility that delivers solution to some of the world’s toughest healthcare issues is currently seeking an Associate Research Technician to assist with the care, welfare and maintenance of laboratory animals. The successful candidate will be required to conduct experimental procedures and provide technical support to other licensees and researchers.
- Current holder of Home Office Personal Licence modules 1-3
- Previous experience in an in vivo related background
- Practical experience with animals in a research capacity
- Understanding of and commitment to animal care and welfare
- Attention to detail and ability to work in and maintain an ordered working environment
- Must be keen to further education in the field of Neuroscience
- Good IT skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively use personal license to carry out experimental procedures including dosing, dissections and surgery
- Maintaining and establishing complex breeding strategies in liaison with researchers
- Assisting with animal husbandry duties, including provision of food and water and maintaining high levels of hygiene for each animal
- Formulation and administration of compounds
- Routine observations of animals, including breeding pairs, stock and those on procedures, especially for signs of departure from good health. Regular handling of animals under all environmental conditions.
- Taking part in team discussions around current scientific work with possible poster and oral presentations
- Keeping accurate records and inputting data onto computer systems
- Working weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.