Associate Research Technician
Salary: £25,693 - £35,565
Ref: ALS 2242
A research facility that delivers solution to some of the world’s toughest healthcare issues is currently seeking an Associate Research Technician to assist with the expansion of their highly successful Neuroscience Team. The successful candidate will be required to conduct experimental procedures and provide technical support to other licensees and researchers.
- BSc in a biological science is desirable, but candidates with demonstrated experience in behavioural neuroscience will also be considered
- Current holder of Home Office Personal Licence modules 1-4
- Previous experience in an in vivo related background
- Experience conducting behavioural experiments, desirably Von Frey and/or Hargreaves
- Understanding of and commitment to animal care and welfare
- Attention to detail and ability to work in and maintain an ordered working environment
- Must be keen to further education in the field of Neuroscience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively use personal licence to carry out experimental procedures including behavioural assays, dosing, dissections and surgery
- Assisting with the development and validation of existing and novel experimental assays
- Formulation and administration of compounds
- Routine observations of animals, including breeding pairs, stock and those on procedures, especially for signs of departure from good health. Regular handling of animals under all environmental conditions
- Reading, analysis and sharing current literature with scientific peer group
- Keeping accurate records and inputting data onto computer systems
- Working weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.