Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
Ref: ALS 2059
Working in partnership with Oncologica, a leading precision oncology services laboratory, we are looking to recruit a Biomedical Scientist to assist with the day to day running and delivery of the Diagnostic Genomic Services for the company.
- Next Generation Sequencing experience essential
- Significant experience of working in a clinical/diagnostic laboratory, with particular reference to molecular profiling either by PCR based methods (i.e single gene mutation analysis) or multiplex sequencing.
- Experience of UKAS/ISO/GCLP standards and of a Quality Management System
- Ability to write protocols and other QMS documents
- Knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety issues
- Ability to work independently with a proactive approach
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and relationship skills
- Proficient use of laboratory equipment
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To deliver the highest standard of quality throughout the laboratory service
- Perform high quality Next Generation Sequencing assays
- Assist with the day-to-day running and delivery of the Diagnostic Genomic Services
- Sample reception, cutting of high quality paraffin sections and curls, extraction of DNA and RNA from FFPE samples, and performance of semi-conductor next generation sequencing assays for actionable mutations.
- Perform high quality immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization techniques
- Assist with ordering, stock maintenance
- Contribute to the companies Quality Management System
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of the equipment inventory and ensure the equipment is maintained in good working order in compliance with ISO15189 standards.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.