Business Development Executive
Salary: Up to £60,000 + Car allowance + OTE annual bonus
Ref: ALS 2139
Agenda are working in partnership with an established global supplier of capital equipment in the laboratory animal sector to recruit an experienced Business Development Executive to join their business.
In addition to the core capabilities of an experienced sales executive, can you offer the following:
- Networking and communication- Trust is built on relationships, you will consistently manage stakeholder relationships and have the ability to build these within those organisations.
- Innovation and Problem Solving - The ability to think laterally and solve client’s challenges.
Covering a Southern territory comprising of key clients in Cambridgeshire, London and Oxfordshire, this role will comprise of:
- Generation of sales across a varied range of products in line with agreed annual targets
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key personnel in client organisations, maximising their product understanding and knowledge
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through efficient management of the quotation and tender writing process, remaining actively involved throughout up to the point of delivery
- Manage and oversee the process of client product demonstrations and loans
- Plan and deliver marketing activities as part of company/local campaigns and attending symposia/exhibitions both in the UK and overseas.
- Representation of the business at industry events
- Remaining in close contact with the customer care team to oversee the processing of orders to ensure a high standard of customer service is delivered
- Playing an active role in the future development of the company’s strategy and overall business by taking an active role in meetings, putting forward new concepts/approaches and providing feedback to the Sales Director.
The basic requirements of this role:
- Sales experience within the life science sector is essential
- Previous experience of/knowledge of working with and selling capital equipment
- Ability to take a consultative approach to sales, working with clients over a long period of time, establishing strong relationships and sourcing solutions that best fit their needs.
Our client is a well-established global business driven by innovation and looking to recruit a person with the same core values who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.