Chemistry Laboratory Technician
Ref: ALS 2172
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Chemistry Laboratory Technician to perform laboratory-based tasks for the chemistry department in the conduct of metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- BSc in Chemistry, Environmental Science or other Analytical Science degree
- Strong chemistry-based knowledge or experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General laboratory housekeeping – to include washing of glassware, waste removal, stocking and reordering of laboratory reagents, calibration of all pipettes and balances, and radioactive monitoring
- Prepare general laboratory solutions including HPLC mobile phase, buffers, dose vehicles etc
- Reagent preparation, sample analysis and use of chromatographic techniques
- Set up appropriate study apparatus according to specific study plans and specific worksheets
- Perform routine Quantitative Radioactive Analysis (QRA) work for chemistry studies, as appropriate
- Perform variety of sample analysis methods, as assigned
- Assist in the development of new techniques
- Record data and relay results to the appropriate personnel
- Support other members of staff in their work as appropriate or as directed by management
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.