Salary: £35,328 - £42,701 inclusive of London Allowance
Ref: ALS 2230
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Database Officer to develop the wider digital presence and content to support the biomedical research community. The successful candidate will provide user support for the animal management database and maintain content on the departmental website.
Due to the nature of the data stored in the system, a background in genetics and life sciences would be advantageous.
- BSc in a relevant field, e.g. biomedical science or computer science
- Ability to synthesise scientific and technical information and translate into simple communications, including training documentation and website content
- Ability to digest complex information and identify the salient facts
- An understanding of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act and its operation is desirable
- Experience of providing technical support for systems and developing processes for data entry and management is advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose issues encountered by users of the system and either resolve directly or escalate to system provider as required
- Contribute to and assist with the planning, installation and configuration of new releases of software
- Undertake continual testing to ensure that process improvements and new functionalities meet user and quality requirements
- Manage the master data stored in the animal management database and systems, for example cage types and genetic strains
- Report to Management with regards to risks and opportunities related to the system
- Monitor and report on usage and defects identified within the system
- Oversee the training programme for new and existing users of the system and deliver training sessions
- Provide regular feedback on both new and existing functionalities of the system to the provider
- Prepare and publish additional training materials for the system as required.
To apply for this role please follow the link below and click ‘Apply Now’.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.