Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Ref: ALS 2241
Our client, a drug delivery application company, are looking to recruit a Development Scientist to be responsible for the planning, performing, and reporting of pre-clinical studies. The ideal candidate will have significant skills with in vivo and in vitro cancer therapy studies to deliver the company’s oncology drug delivery technology platform.
- A current Home Office Licence modules 1-3 is essential
- A PhD in a life sciences discipline such as pharmacology, immunology or virology
- Proven ability to perform in vivo xenograft and syngeneic tumour model experiments
- Experience analysing in vitro experiments including fluorescence, absorbance and luminescence assays, quantitative PCR and microscopy
- Worked effectively with one or more cancer therapies such as low molecular weight drugs, monoclonal antibodies or oncolytic viruses
- Previous experience performing colorimetric and fluorescent immunohistochemistry studies
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and manage a wide range of projects simultaneously
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using in vitro and in vivo experimental cancer models to undertake a range of projects to assess the quantitative and distribution effects of SSPs on a range of therapeutic agents
- Helping to shape and build the capabilities of ultrasound-mediated delivery of oncological agents, by defining and developing experimental strategies (in vivo, in vitro and ex vivo)
- Develop assays utilising a range of techniques including ELISA, cell-based assays, PCR, immunology and virology
- Liaise with employees, consultants and clients to design, implement and deliver studies
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations for communication of results internally and to external partners
- Interact with ultrasound and software engineers and assist with their studies where necessary
- Take a flexible approach on a day-to-day basis and perform tasks outside of one’s job description.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.