E-Fate Research Scientist
Ref: ALS 2117
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Environmental Fate Research Scientist to perform laboratory-based tasks for the metabolism department, in the conduct of metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- BSc in a relevant life sciences subject or relevant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of, or experience of working to GLP regulations
- Experience of conducting metabolism studies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory technician duties, demonstrating higher level of competence, to include: established analytical procedures, assist in development of new techniques, general laboratory tasks support other members of staff in their work as appropriate or as directed by management
- Prepare samples for quantification, chromatography or other analysis
- Assist in the development of new analytical procedures/study types
- Perform more complex experimental techniques e.g. dose preparation and assessment, dose administration/application, HPLC set up and analysis, as required
- Responsible for laboratory conduct of each assigned study, ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner to an agreed level of quality, to include: Prepare dose theory calculations, supervise Laboratory Technician on assigned study calculate and QC check data for review by relevant Study Director prepare experimental worksheets QRA data completion (check for repeat analysis as appropriate), prepare study updates and study data for communication to the client and inclusion into reports
- Comply with Good Laboratory Practice, Good Clinical Practice and/or Good Manufacturing Practice requirements whenever appropriate to the work being undertaken
- Comply at all times with company Standard Operating Procedures unless specifically varied in the study plan
- Comply with study plans.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.