Experienced Animal Technician
Location: Central London
Salary: £16,373 - £18,739
Ref: CT 21
Agenda are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to join their team and help contribute to the technical excellence and successful operation of the facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for animal welfare and husbandry of the animals within their care and supporting the research staff.
- Minimum qualification of a Certificate of the Institute of Animal Technology or Level 2 IAT qualification and/or National Certificate preferred
- Animal Care Qualification essential
- Prior experience working within an animal laboratory facility
- Practical experience of working with rodents
- Personal experience with breeding colonies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the health and welfare of animals in accordance with the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Daily husbandry of rodents and genetically altered rodents to include cleaning, watering and feeding, and daily health monitoring
- Maintaining appropriate breeding records, informing researchers of performance and available numbers of specified strains
- Daily documentation of all environmental parameters in accordance with the ASPA and reporting abnormal conditions
- Providing support to researchers during minor procedures, performing experimental protocols including assessing competency during Schedule 1
- Providing support by cleaning and sterilizing racks, cages and equipment as required to help maintain efficient operation of the facility
- To work unsupervised with support from management on a regular basis
- Participating in weekend and College Closure work rotas (paid at overtime rates).
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.