Facility Manager and NACWO
Salary: £36,361 - £48,677
Ref: ALS 2268
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Facility Manager and NACWO to undertake the day-to-day management and operation of a large animal biomedical facility. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact for Project and Personal Licence holders within the centre and will provide advice and guidance on Home Office regulations.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 4th August.
- IAT membership and Level 3 qualification or equivalent experience
- Home Office Licence modules 1-4
- NACWO qualification
- Experience in all aspects of management and maintenance of an animal unit
- Familiarity with Health and Safety requirements, COSHH, risk assessment and animal allergy policies
- Previous experience working with livestock and other farm animals (sheep, pigs, chickens)
- Ability to work weekends and participate in out of hours call out
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of technicians who are responsible for the daily husbandry and welfare of animals, liaising with the Deputy Biofacility Manager to ensure that workload is coordinated effectively
- Manage a large, multi-user research space which incorporates office space, wet lab, animal housing, surgical and procedural rooms
- Act as NACWO for the day-to-day care of animals and for all regulated and non-regulated projects conducted within the facility
- Be the first point of contact for project and personal licence holders, to provide advice and answer queries relating to Home Office regulations
- Coordinate the research conducted within the facility including use of facility space
- Assess study plans to ensure appropriate allocation of resources and liaise with researchers and technical staff
- Recruit, organise and manage a team of technicians, creating work schedules and assignments and ensuring sufficient staff cover to care for animals at all times
- Manage staff performance including probations, staff review and development and identifying necessary training
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.