Field Sales Representative (P/T)
Ref: ALS 2069
Experienced sales representative required to join a pioneering global scientific research organisation.
Agenda are looking to recruit a part time sales representative to contribute towards the advancement of research, supporting universities, hospitals and bioscience companies around the world. Over the last decade, our client has assisted scientists and researchers by providing fast and accurate results.
Working with innovative and industry defining technology, you will have responsibility for enhancing and growing the company’s global reputation amongst their existing client base in addition to the development of new business.
The successful candidate will be employed on a 3 day per week basis, covering London and the surrounding areas that fall within a one-hour radius. This company offer an attractive package including a car and phone allowance, with other benefits also on offer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead generation based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, cold calling, and other sources
- Compile data and trend information on equipment and supplies preferred by customers
- Travel through assigned territory calling on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders
- Advise customers of service capabilities for given need based on technical knowledge of products
- Display or demonstrate technology, using samples or catalogue, presentations, and emphasising salable features
- Maintain excellent market knowledge of current needs, trends, and requirements of current and potential customers
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into company CRM database
- Attendance at national trade exhibitions, shows, events and conferences.
- Proven track record within a field sales representative/territory management environment
- Previous experience within the Life Sciences or Medical Devices industry are beneficial
- A working knowledge of selling services to governmental or educational research/NHS institutions
- Current driving license
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of sales lead generation and account management
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, directors, clients, customers, and the general public.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.