Health Monitoring Scientist
Ref: ALS 2261
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Health Monitoring Scientist to investigate and report on the presence of micro-organisms including bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi from biological specimens. The successful candidate will have experience in a laboratory environment and will be required to travel to customer sites throughout the UK.
- BSc in Biology or a related scientific discipline
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Knowledge and experience with microbiology techniques, including ELISA, multiple fluorometric assays and PCR
- Manual dexterity and ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Humane approach to the care of animals
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the analysis of animal tissue and fluids to detect and diagnose disease
- Perform microbiological techniques, ELISA, Multiplex Fluorometric assays, IFA, HIA and PCR
- Perform post-mortem examinations of varying species
- Be accountable for work carried out within the microbiology, molecular diagnostic and serology laboratories
- Issue and archive reports of analyses and other related documents
- Liaise with customers, accounts and suppliers
- Maintenance and use of laboratory equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions or company work instructions
- Provide training and guidance to laboratory technicians and newly appointed scientific staff
- Assist in the promotion and marketing of laboratory services to meet KPIs and the objectives of the Scientific Services department
- Perform analysis at customer sites throughout the UK as required, which may include weekend and out-of-hours duties.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.