In Vivo Scientist
Salary: £20,404 - £25,750
Ref: ALS 2113
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an In Vivo Scientist to conduct in vivo research in a Preclinical Pharmacology team in Cheshire. The successful candidate will be primarily supporting research using lung cancer murine models and will be involved in a variety of projects identifying favourable drug combinations for the treatment of lung cancer.
- Home Office Personal Licence is essential
- BSc in a Biology related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in a laboratory
- Relevant experience working with murine in vivo models
- Proven ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under minimum supervision
- Competent in a range of non- surgical skills on murine
- Ability after discussion with line manager to plan own experiments and interpret results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare patient samples (usually blood or tumour tissue) for in vivo use
- Perform In vivo work; including implanting cells for xenograft studies or patient tumour tissue for PDX studies, drug administration, tumour monitoring, conducting surgical procedures and performing clinical observations
- Use the automated data collection and study conduct software package to accurately record the details for all in vivo studies
- Perform ex vivo processing and analysis of xenograft tumour samples and circulating biomarkers
- If required, conduct in vitro experiments (for example cell culture, drug treatment, western blotting) initially under close supervision with increasing independence as competence is demonstrated
- Discuss experimental protocols and results with project supervisors, collect data in accordance with these discussions and assist with the initial analysis
- Contribute towards the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions in specific areas as required
- Train other staff in licensed and non-licensed techniques as required
- Working on weekends and bank holidays may be required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.