In Vivo Scientist
Salary: £30,000 – 35,000
Ref: ALS 2156
Our client, a leading consultancy and experimental services provider within the pharmaceutical industry, are looking to recruit an In Vivo Scientist to help deliver projects to maximise research productivity and streamline drug development within their abuse/dependence testing group.
- Previous experience in an In-Vivo work-related background
- Home Office Personal Licence Modules 1-4
- Experience in dosing and surgical techniques in rats
- Good understanding of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Previously worked to Good Laboratory Practice Regulations is desirable
- Self-motivated, well organised, able to prioritise tasks, delegate tasks and work to deadline pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised and communicate at all levels
- Be required to work weekend overtime as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working within the Drug Abuse Group on a daily basis and the day to day running of IVSA animals
- Carrying out jugular cannulation surgery and or recovery of rats post-surgery
- Handling of experimental data (paper and electronic)
- Formulation and administration of compounds
- Collection of samples and tissues
- Assist the Study Director in production of data and reports to client.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.