IT Service Desk Analyst
Ref: ALS 2109
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an IT Service Desk Analyst to deliver effective, high quality, responsive, customer orientated and professional services. The role primarily provides first and second line technical support.
The role works alongside and closely with the IT Helpdesk team and will have frequent contact with staff from around the business on a daily basis and will also be in routine contact with other IT Support Teams and Third-Party suppliers. The role will cover a range of activities including; installation or removal of hardware and/or software, and associated connections, using supplied installation instructions and tools.
This is a Fixed-Term position for 1 year. The closing date for applications is 22nd May.
As you will be working at multiple locations, having your own car is essential.
- Degree, HNC/HND or equivalent in a IT related subject or relevant experience in a similar role
- Significant experience in a similar customer facing IT support role
- Ability to use various IT software tools to perform routine maintenance and health checks to resolve issues
- Experienced in the use of everyday desktop software
- Knowledge of interfaces between IT and associated specialist equipment (e.g. microscopes, language labs, translation labs, OCR Readers, Spectrometers, etc)
- Experience of Linux and Apple MAC systems would be beneficial
- Skilled in managing the following desktop technologies:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager
- Apple OSX & IOS
- The knowledge and ability to install and maintain hardware systems to their planned specification and are safe to use
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc.) and the IT applications and service processes used within own organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staffing the walk-in IT Service Desk, acting as a single point of contact for face to face, email or telephone customer enquiries & support requests
- To contribute, as required, to investigations of problems and faults concerning the installation of hardware and/or software and confirms the correct working of installations
- Responding to instructions or following agreed plans, installs/removes and confirms correct functionality of hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools; follows agreed procedures, including those for wiring work
- Conducts tests of the hardware and/or software affected using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Corrects malfunctions, calling on help from more experienced colleagues if required. Documents results in accordance with agreed procedures
- Within skills and experience, provides assistance to users. Requests assistance, according to escalation procedures, keeping records of each request, contact information and action taken, including feedback to user
- Assists with more complex installations, evaluates change requests and works with allied functions
- Initiates action to resolve problems in systems and services. Documents such incidents and problems within the configuration management defect/problem reporting system. Matches unresolved incidents against existing problems, known errors and other incidents
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures, in close liaison with the service desk, change management, configuration management and asset management functions
- Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable. This interface includes documenting incidents, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis
- For all products, services and systems within the area of responsibility, demonstrates, installs and commissions desk-top systems and their routine upgrades. Provides information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities etc.
- Interprets technical or procedure manuals on behalf of non-technical users and provides routine training in normal usage of systems, products and services, providing information on the full range of capabilities
- Support of interfaces between IT and associated connected specialist equipment (e.g. microscopes, language labs, translation labs, OCR Readers, Spectrometers, etc.).
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.