Salary: Up to £24,000
Ref: ALS 2184
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician to support the day to day running of their laboratory facilities. This role can offer progression opportunities within in a growing biotech and the opportunity to take part in exciting and innovative research.
- BSc degree in a life science subject is essential, preferably within a biological/biomedical field.
- Previous experience working within a laboratory is an essential requirement
- Experienced in a range of lab-based techniques and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of IT systems and packages
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acting as primary contact for all incoming lab-directed communications (phone calls and emails)
- Liaising with contractors where necessary
- Cataloguing and maintaining appropriate stocks of all laboratory supplies, ensuring they are managed within budget
- Generating, updating and maintaining laboratory operating procedures and relevant documentation
- Carrying out risk and COSHH assessments
- Maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing of equipment
- Ensuring health and safety standards are maintained
- Assisting with experiments, including reagent preparation
- Collecting, preparing and/or testing of samples
- Monitoring and arranging for collection of laboratory waste
- Ensuring equipment maintenance schedules are carried out
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.