Laboratory Technician - Necropsy
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: £16,500 - £18,300
Ref: ALS 2044
On behalf of our client, a global contract research organization, we are looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician to join their Necropsy department. Applicants are welcome from both graduates and non-graduates as full training is provided offering a range of opportunities. After following a comprehensive training and career development scheme, the successful candidate will play a key role in the dissection and harvesting of tissue samples which is the first step in the process towards microscopic evaluation.
- Graduate entry: BSc (Hons) in Biomedical/ Biological Sciences or equivalent
- Non-Graduate entry: Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) English, Maths and a Science subject.
- Good English language/reading/ writing skills essential
- Home office licence is advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided
- You will have an enthusiastic and committed attitude.
- Possess a target-orientated outlook, suited to working within a fast-paced, production-intensive environment.
- Once trained, the job involves working overtime, which may be weekdays, weekends, Bank Holidays and part of the on-call rota.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The development and use of anatomy skills to identify and trim tissue samples from a range of animal species.
- Removal, handling, weighing and evaluation of organs.
- Animal handling and euthanasia procedures in accordance with legal requirements.
- Precise labelling of samples and accurate recording of data.
- Adherence to Good Laboratory Practice regulations.
- Undertaking cross-training initiatives within other areas across Safety Assessment
- The job may involve periods of lifting, pushing and pulling of equipment and animals.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.