Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: Dependent on experience
Ref: ALS 2127
A research facility that delivers solutions to some of the world’s toughest health care issues is currently seeking a Licensed Animal Technician to assist with the expansion of their highly successful Psychiatric Pharmacology team.
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence
- Previous background in keeping animals in a research environment
- Previous work-related background in keep a range of rodents
- Understand and comply with Home Office regulations
- Interest in assisting the discovery of new and improved patient therapies
- Ability to work unsupervised
- The job holder will be required to join a rota for weekend work, and also an ‘On Call’ rota.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the daily care and welfare of the animals
- Handling, feeding, watering and the cleaning out of rodents
- Routine animal husbandry such as observation, environmental monitoring and record keeping.
- Routine observation of animals, which includes breeding pairs, stock and those on procedures, especially for signs of departure from good health.
- Performing with regulated procedures.
- General cleaning duties as required.
- Taking part in Team discussions around current Scientific work
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.