Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
Ref: CT 23
Agenda are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to join their team and help contribute to the technical excellence and successful operation of the facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for animal welfare and husbandry of the animals within their care and supporting the research staff.
This is a 3-6 months fixed-term contract.
- Hold a Home Office Licence modules 1-4
- Experience in SPF and containment environments
- Dosages experience
- Tissue sample experience
- Knowledge within animal behaviour and perfusion techniques
- Experience of minor surgery and anaesthesia is desirable
- Computer literate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the health and welfare of animals in accordance with the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Actively use Home Office Licence, perform regulated procedures when required
- Maintaining appropriate breeding records, informing researchers of performance and available numbers of specified strains
- Daily documentation of all environmental parameters in accordance with the ASPA and reporting abnormal conditions
- Providing support to researchers during minor procedures, performing experimental protocols including assessing competency during Schedule 1
- Providing support by cleaning and sterilizing racks, cages and equipment as required to help maintain efficient operation of the facility
- To work unsupervised with support from management on a regular basis
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.