Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: £20,404 - £26,806
Ref: ALS 2146
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to provide day-to-day animal husbandry and welfare. The successful candidate will be required to conduct experimental procedures and provide technical support to Project Licence holders and other licensees.
This is a fixed-term position for 2 years.
- Current or previous holder of a Home Office Personal Licence
- HNC in Animal Technology or equivalent
- Significant experience in the field of animal technology
- Competent in a range of non-surgical skills, including licenced techniques
- Experience of oncology laboratory animal models is desirable
- Proven ability to prioritise and carry out routine tasks and procedures under minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out day-to-day husbandry and care and welfare observations for all animals within the facility
- As a Personal Licensee under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, conduct surgical and non-surgical experimental procedures within the authorities of Project Licences held at the establishment. Liaise with licensees fully to understand the requirements of their licences and studies
- Make observations, keep accurate records and capture data in writing or electronically, as required
- Keep up-to-date with developments in animal technology; recommend and develop novel procedures as required
- Train other staff in licensed and non-licensed techniques as required
- Contribute towards the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions in specific areas as required
- Weekend and bank holiday cover will be required on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.