Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: £17,000 - £22,000
Ref: ALS 2158
Our client, a contract research organisation, providing cell biology and pharmacology support to a range of global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to be a part of their dynamic and flexible team.
The successful applicant will be conducting a wide range of in vivo efficacy testing as well as developing new in vivo models in areas including immune oncology, autoimmune and inflammatory disease and infection.
- Holder of a Home Office Personal License under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, Modules 1-4 is desirable, however applicants that do not hold a Home Office Licence but have an interest in getting into the industry will be considered
- Previous experience performing animal husbandry duties, cleaning, feeding and health checking
- Experience performing regulated and non-regulated procedures and administering substances by a variety of routes
- Experience of blood sampling and dissection of small rodents is an advantage
- Ideally competent in data analysis, computer software and report writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Animal handling and welfare
- Drug administration to rodents by a variety of routes
- Blood sampling and dissections
- Clinical assessment of disease and dissection
- Maintaining accurate records and a high standard of report writing
- Work within defined Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) with a keen eye for detail
- Additional laboratory techniques as required
- Appropriate training will be provided if necessary.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.