Licensed Animal Technician
Ref: ALS 2165
Our client, one of the leading public research Universities, are seeking a Licensed Animal Technician to join an existing team of specialised technical staff.
- Professionally qualified with a relevant degree or substantial vocational experience in a similar or related field
- Home Office Personal Licence Modules 1-4
- IAT Level 2 Qualification
- Experience in animal models including transgenic animals is desirable
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the Animals Scientific Procedure Act and code of practice at all times
- As a Named Animal Care & Welfare Officer (NACWO), to play a key role in implementation and promotion of animal welfare and Culture of Care within the facility, internal and external training will be provided
- Carrying out routine duties such as; cleaning, husbandry tasks, accurate record keeping
- Perform and assist in technical and/or licensed techniques such as; humane killing, dissections, licensed procedures and other research support
- Implement and monitor defined breeding programmes, maintain breeding records to appropriate standards
- Ensure health and safety requirements are continually met by keeping up to date with legal requirements, assessing all working practices for level of risk and regularly reviewing process
- Provision of cross faculty support where appropriate such as assisting our veterinary schools and practical exam assessments.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.