Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Ref: ALS 2178
Our client, a drug delivery application company, are looking to recruit an experienced Licensed Animal Technician or an In Vivo Scientist, to be responsible for carrying out in vivo experiments related to the company’s oncology drug delivery technology platform.
- A current Home Office personal licence modules 1 – 3 is essential
- A BSc in a scientific discipline
- Take a flexible approach to work and perform tasks outside of one’s job description
- Experience with PCR and cell culture is advantageous, but training can be given
- Be able to operate as a self-starter and apply excellent organisational skills
- Use Microsoft Office software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform licensed procedures according to project licence and Home Office regulations
- Perform sub-cutaneous, intra-peritoneal and intravenous injections in mice
- Implant and work with xenograft and syngeneic tumour models
- Monitoring the condition of animals, recognising and resolving any problems
- Ensure compliance with the Home Office licence
- Work safely and effectively with small molecule drugs, antibodies and viruses
- Standard biological laboratory techniques, such as cell culture, plate reader-based assays
- Keep full and accurate records in accordance with Home Office regulations (including stock and breeding records and environmental records)
- Acquisition, processing and presentation of treatment efficacy metrics using various imaging modalities, qPCR, and tumour measurements
- There will be an opportunity to learn new techniques relating to the use of the proprietary ultrasound technology
- Contributing to the smooth running of the non-animal-based research.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.