Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: £20,000 - £27,000 depending on experience
Ref: ALS 2219
Our client, a leading Contract Research Organisation, are looking to recruit an experienced Licensed Animal Technician to support the day to day workloads on a range of projects of preclinical models, laboratory testing services and drug discovery programmes.
The successful candidate will have an extensive background within in vivo animal work and have a strong work ethic.
- Actively use personal license under Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act (ASPA) 1986 Home Office License (modules 1-3 essential; module 4 an advantage).
- Extensive experience performing subcutaneous, intra-peritoneal and intravenous injections in mice, rats an advantage but not essential
- Experience of tumour xenograft models
- Test Article handling / reconstitution according to instructions (preparing solutions, dilutions).
- Good record keeping and attention to detail – experience following GXP SOPs would be an advantage
- Previous experience performing the above day to day tasks is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Care of rodents, ensuring the highest levels of animal welfare and culture of care at all times
- Test Article reconstitution prior to dosing
- Performing dosing using the common routes
- Tumour implantation and growth monitoring
- Post mortem tissue removal
- Blood sampling
- Monitoring the condition of animals, recognising and resolving any problems
- Keep full and accurate records in accordance with Home Office regulations
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.