Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: Up to £28,000
Ref: ALS 2273
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to perform experimental procedures to the highest level of care and welfare. The successful candidate will assist and perform procedures for in vivo scientific studies for client and internal research.
- Holding Home Office Licence modules 1-3 is essential, and module 4 desirable
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s essential, but animal care qualifications are desirable
- Competent in a range of in vivo techniques including dosing via common routes, and willingness to receive further training
- Relevant work experience in a GLP toxicology environment is advantageous
- Willing to relocate to Dundee or surrounding area
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform experimental procedures in line with current regulatory and legislative requirements and to agreed company standards
- Conduct a range of in vivo techniques including dosing methods, and assist in conducting experimental studies under direction of a senior animal technician and study directors
- Be proactive in gaining competency in more advanced in vivo techniques, including the use of anaesthetics
- Appropriate record keeping and ensuring results of experiments are collected promptly and recorded accurately
- Prepare study paperwork and study material prior to study start date
- Assist with general housekeeping of the in vivo unit by cleaning and maintaining animal rooms
- Act as an ambassador for the business and company values and contribute to a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.