Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Ref: ALS 2244
Our client, a contract research organisation, providing cell biology and pharmacology support to a range of global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to be a part of their dynamic and flexible team. The successful applicant will be conducting a wide range of in vivo efficacy testing models as well as developing new in vivo models.
- Holder of a Home Office Personal License under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, Modules 1-4
- Experience performing regulated and non-regulated procedures and administering substances by a variety of routes such as intranasal, intragastric, intraperitoneal, intravenous, topical and intramuscular
- Experience of blood sampling and dissection of small rodents
- Ideally competent in data analysis, computer software and report writing skills
- Previous experience handling animals and working under SPF conditions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drug administration to rodents by a variety of routes
- Blood sampling and dissections
- Carrying out schedule 1 and administering anaesthesia to small rodents
- Clinical assessment of disease and dissection
- Maintaining accurate records and a high standard of report writing
- Work within defined Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) with a keen eye for detail
- Additional laboratory techniques as required
- Appropriate training will be provided if necessary
- Contribute to the weekend and out of hours work on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.