Mass Spec - Technical Specialist
Ref: ALS 2196
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Mass Spectrometry Technical Specialist to provide expertise in conduct of small molecule metabolism identification studies for new product development.
- Minimum of a BSc in a Chemistry related degree
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with LC-MS/MS
- Expertise in method development and experience of metabolite identification by mass spectrometry
- GLP experience is strongly desired
- Knowledge of metabolic reactions is essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification work for both regulatory and non‑regulatory in-vitro, in-vivo and clinical studies to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan/Analytical Work Plan, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager.
- Responsible for the development of LC‑MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods within the wider Metabolism Department.
- To take an active role in improvement/new service development projects in metabolite analysis and to carry out internal R&D projects to support the development of new techniques.
- Work with Study Director/Analytical Project Manager on client communication, contributing scientifically to client discussions, as appropriate.
- Interpret the relevant data and prepare accurate scientific study updates/technical documents and contribute to report generation.
- To act as a supervisor/instructor in areas of expertise; provide troubleshooting assistance and training for less experienced members of staff in method development, HPLC instrument set-up.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.