Metabolism Technical Specialist
Ref: ALS 2181
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Metabolism Technical Specialist to provide expertise in conduct of metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- Home Office Personal Licence modules 1-3
- Excellent procedural skills with rodents, with previous experience in a range of blood sampling and dosing techniques is essential, and cannulation/infusion experience being desirable
- Knowledge of PK and ADME study types
- Managerial experience is essential
- GLP experience is strongly desired, applicants would be expected to demonstrate knowledge of regulations in the absence of GLP study experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the laboratory conduct of the appropriate experimental work required to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan, under direction of the Study Director
- Develop training materials and deliver training in area of specialism
- Lead process development/new service development projects in metabolism studies
- Work with Study Director on client communication, contributing scientifically to client discussions, as appropriate
- Interpret the relevant data and prepare accurate scientific study updates and contribute to reports
- Address findings appropriate to area arising from QA audits and process inspections
- Increase profile of the department externally by publishing papers/poster and participation in expert groups
- Comply with Good Laboratory Practice, Good Clinical Practice and/or Good Manufacturing Practice requirements whenever appropriate to the work being undertaken.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.