Operations Engineering Manager
Ref: ALS 2052
On behalf of our client, a leading provider of small molecule API development and manufacturing services, we are looking to recruit an Operations Engineering Manager to direct utilities management, engineering maintenance and administration functions to ensure that the required level of support to Production Department is provided in an effective and professional manner.
- At least 10 years’ experience in industrial line management, including at least 5 years in the Chemical Industry
- Previous experience within pharma or fine chemicals (not food) is preferable
- Mechanical engineering experience essential
- Direct experience of project/development engineering is preferred
- Understanding of engineering/regulatory compliance issues
- Has a working knowledge of DSEAR, ATEX and COMPex
- Leadership and good interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with COMAH critical aspects of the Process Safety Management System and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) where relevant to his/her area of responsibility
- Conduct workplace inspections, audits and investigations as required
- Generate a high level of safety and environmental protection awareness
- Manage plant engineering systems to ensure that skills, manning and organisation meet production needs in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Manage the physical assets of the Company to minimise life-cycle costs
- Maximise plant utilisation by: providing practical engineering input into all project engineering work; establishing and maintaining the correct level of spares; identifying and implementing programmes to continuously reduce plant downtime due to engineering failure
- Manage effective communication channels
- Manage statutory/regulatory compliance in engineering
- Manage the efficient operation of steam and nitrogen generation plants, and the lowest possible unit costs of production
- Overall responsibility for all staff within the department to include appraisal, development, reward, objective setting, communication
- Set budgets, monitor expenditure and initiate cost reduction measures to meet targets
- Develop and manage an asset management policy to be incorporated into the Site Master Plan
- Daily contact with manufacturing and engineering staff
- Contact with customers, regulators and other external organisations.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.