P/T Business Development Manager
Ref: ALS 2168
On behalf of our client we are looking to recruit an experienced Part-Time Business Development Manager to contribute to the advancement of the organisation’s mission, vision, goals and objectives by developing and generating business opportunities for the contract research and training services they provide.
This position will be offered on a part basis and can be negotiated on starting from 2 days per week.
This position will have a strong focus on the development of new business opportunities through:
- Establishing new contacts and seeking business opportunities for the contract research and training divisions
- Account management and development of existing client base to maintain and enhance relationships
- Maintaining an active presence within the industry and representing the organisation at exhibitions, conferences and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranging and conducting meetings with new clients, inclusive of lead generation, cold-calling to introduce the company and calls to new customers within an existing account
- Arranging and attending existing client meetings to maintain relationships, conduct service reviews, account management and secure new opportunities
- Diary management and organisation to ensure efficient and effective use of time according to geographical location in line with prioritising company and customer requirements
- Research, gather, and evaluate information on both the market and the needs, trends and requirements of new/existing clients within the territory to establish the scale of opportunity and shape the sales strategy
- Secure new testing partnerships and agreements, conduct quoting/tender exercises, price negotiations and service overviews
- Use of CRM software to track and develop opportunities and leads, in addition to reporting on pipeline/achievement against targets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.