Part-Time Animal Technician
Ref: ALS 2258
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to provide technical support for research on a part-time basis. The post holder will be required to assist in all matters relating to animal welfare and will provide support to research students.
This is a part-time role of 18.5 hours over 5 days.
Interviews will be held on Monday 1st July.
- IAT Level 2 qualification, Level 3 is desirable
- Proven experience as an Animal Technician
- Home Office Personal Licence is desirable but candidates will be required to undertake training to apply
- Ability to demonstrate various techniques to students and staff
- Practical experience of working in a teaching environment is advantageous
- Flexible, adaptable and reliable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in all matters relating to animal husbandry, maintaining the animals and facilities to the standards required by the Home Office
- Ensure the humane euthanasia of animals, in accordance with Home Office regulations
- Provide general assistance to research students to enable them to carry out their work
- Prepare and clear up for practical classes, including support for specialist techniques within the unit
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of all laboratory equipment, reporting any deficiencies
- Preparation of the laboratories for consultancy and short courses, providing technical support when needed
- Assisting, when available, with consultancy work and research
- Carry out husbandry and welfare duties at weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. The post holder will be required to be ‘on call’ for any emergency within the unit.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.