Salary: Up to £34,757
Ref: ALS 2129
On behalf of our client, a CRO offering extensive GLP accredited facilities, we are looking to recruit a Research Scientist to plan and manage the delivery of research studies with farm animals to assist clients develop farm animal health products.
- Experienced in managing the delivery of research studies involving farm animal species, including cattle, sheep, pigs, poultry and horses
- Experience working in a farm environment is essential
- Home Office Personal License Holder or experience of working on Home Office regulated studies is desirable, but training will be provided
- Experience of report writing is essential
- Good understanding of Good Laboratory Practice, Good Clinical Practice (veterinary) and the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act.
- Self‐motivated, well organised, able to prioritise tasks, delegate tasks and work to deadline pressure.
- Driving licence
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the delivery of a range of research studies with farm animal species conducted to assist clients develop veterinary medicines and nutritional products.
- Produce well written protocols, reports and Standard Operating Procedures to set deadlines.
- Liaise closely with clients to ensure their requirements are fully understood and that work is delivered to their satisfaction.
- Organise and manage staff to ensure tasks are efficiently and promptly carried out.
- Manage the finances of studies, minimising cost and maximising profit.
- Assist in the development of new business, through establishing good client relationships, identifying new opportunities and assisting with project proposals.
- Understand and adhere to Good Laboratory Practice, Good Clinical Practice (veterinary), Home Office and other relevant guidelines (Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, etc.)
- Ensure staff and studies comply with internal and external quality standards.
- Willing and able to work off site, at weekends and unsociable hours if required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.